Researchers are welcome to access our spectrometers to study the structures, dynamics and interactions of proteins, biopolymers, biomaterials, nucleic acids, carbohydrates, lipids and biofluids.
We welcome new members to our community of NMR users who can either visit in person to collect data or can send samples, ideally by express mail or courier.
Please keep the following in mind:
- No samples are allowed that require any radiological monitoring, we also do not allow materials that are excluded by the chemical weapons convention - ask us if you think this might be an issue.
- Hazardous samples are discouraged. Any hazards, whether chemical, biological or physical, must be clearly identified to the NMR staff before submission.
- No testing of human or animal subjects shall be conducted in the NMR facilities, there are other facilities for in vivo NMR.
- Ethical approvals for human or animal tissues or biofluids must be obtained from the appropriate ethical review body and submitted to NMR staff before initiating NMR experiments.
- Direct users of NMR facilities need to understand the risks and safe operation of the spectrometers (training is available).
- If your sample is susceptible to temperature extremes, please ensure that it is shipped in time to guarantee same-week delivery (this usually means sending your sample on a Monday or Tuesday).
- Please ensure that all materials sent to NMR-CAN comply with the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act.
For further information please contact us.